Credit control is another one of those tasks that no freelancer wants to undertake, but has to for the sake of their business. We’d all like to think we can survive on good will and the kindness of strangers, but sometimes a late paying client means you have to take the gloves off and get serious.
This can be a daunting task – after all, you’re just one freelancer, and you’re trying to get money from a monolithic organisation. Well, to help you in your bid for prompt payment we’ve teamed up with credit control masterminds Safe Collections to bring you the Credit Control Guide 2012 – updated with new information, including the Safe Collections mobile app! The guide covers:
- What is credit control & why do I need a system?
- Identifying risk
- Contracts of engagement
- Terms & conditions
- How to get paid on time
- Suggested overdue letters
- Debt collection & recovery
- Ten signs your client may be in financial trouble
- Emergency credit control check list
And best of all it’s completely free to you, dear reader. You can read it via the Issuu widget below, or download the full PDF.
Other related articles
- Study shows extent of late payment across continent
- Freelancers paying quicker, big businesses continue to jitter
- Late payments: the hard line just got harder
- Jubilation as handful of big businesses reluctantly pledge to meet their previously-agreed contractual obligations
- Late payers make for a gloomy February